Orlando Real Estate

Orlando Real Estate April 2013

May 5th, 2013 5:45 PM by David W. Welch

The Orlando real estate statistics for April are a bit mixed this month. The total number of homes listed as active by Orlando Realtors® actually rose for the first time in quite a while. There are 6,663 homes currently available with 826 or 12.4% REO, 881 or 13.2% short sales, and 4,956 or 74.4% equity sales. REO and equity sale listings are up a bit while short sales continue to slide. Pending sales have declined slightly with 9,667 home listed as contract pending. Of those properties 1,119 or 11.6% are REO, 5,830 or 60.3% are short sales and 2,718 or 28.1% are equity sales.

Active listings may have increased and pending sales declined, but that has not slowed down the actual closed sales. April was another super month for closed sales climbing slightly from March's 2,704 to 2,759 with a higher median price of $144,990. That is more than a 4% increase in price. Of the closed sales, 578 or 20.9% were REO with a median sales price of $90,550. There were 593 short sales or 21.5% of the total with a median price of $115,000. The 593 closings represented 10.2% of the total number of pending short sales. There were 1,588 equity sales or 57.6% with a median sales price of $175,000. REO and short sale closings both declined while traditional sales more than made up the difference. Cash sales continue to outpace financed sales. There were 1,529 cash sales making up 55.4% of all sales with a median price of $101,000. The remaining 1,230 financed sales accounted for the other 44.6% of sales with a median price of $185,000.

David Welch Real Estate Optimist, Orlando Real EstateSearch for Homes

Posted in:General
Posted by David W. Welch on May 5th, 2013 5:45 PM


With the real estate statistics moving up during this everchanging economy it is imperative that those with poor credit address their issues now in order to qualify for a loan later. At youCANownahome.com we specialize in FREE credit re-establishment, while working with lenders and experienced real estate agents to rebuild your credit and help find the home of your dreams. For more information please visit us at: http://youcanownahome.com/
Posted by You Can Own A Home on May 8th, 2013 3:00 PM
youcanownahome.com/


Archives:

Sites That Link to This Blog:

);

English French German Portuguese Spanish