Orlando Real Estate

Orlando Real Estate March 2015

April 6th, 2015 12:38 PM by David W. Welch

Apparently, March was the month to buy a home in Orlando, but I'll get to that in a minute. Inventory inched down a bit to 11,450 properties listed available by Orlando Realtors®. Of the properties listed active, 1,667 or 14.6% are REO, only 640 or 5.6% are short sales, and 9,143 or 79.9% are equity sales.

Pending sales, including properties listed as pending and active with contract edged up slightly to 7,561. Of the properties with contracts, 1,729 or 22.9% are REO, 1,943 or 25.7% are short sales, and 3,889 or 51.4% are equity sales.

Although the total number of active properties, and the total number of pending sales changed very little last month, the flow of sales was full steam ahead. There were 3,341 closed sales in March with a median sales price of $175,000. Compared to March of last year that is a 37% increase in the number of closed sales and more than a 9% increase in the median price. Of the properties that closed last month 956 or 28.6% are REO sales with a median price of $117,000; 137 or 4.1% are short sales with a median price of $130,000; and 2,248 or 67.3% with a median price of $205,000. The 137 short sales represented only 7.1% of all the pending short sales.

Cash sales remain strong, but are down as a percentage of total sales. There were 1,339 or 40.1% of the total sales that closed for all cash with a median price of $112,500. The remaining 2,002 or 59.9% of the sales closed with a median price of $204,000.

David Welch Real Estate Optimist, Orlando Real Estate


Posted by David W. Welch on April 6th, 2015 12:38 PM


Nice work, appreciate your work!!! For more details please visit our website @ http://anupamproperties.in/
Posted by Sanvi Choudhary on April 7th, 2015 12:58 AM
anupamproperties.in/


Dear David, I am always reading all your comments. I Live in Brazil and I bought a Condo im Worldquest in 2011. The price of worldquest is not going up like the rest of the properties. It was told to me it happens because there is no financing available for condos. Do you agree with that? and do you know if the law will change for finance condos again? best regards Renata Silbert
Posted by renata Silbert on April 14th, 2015 10:52 AM


Archives:

Sites That Link to This Blog:

);

English French German Portuguese Spanish