Orlando Real Estate


Take a minute to review the video below. Sales were down slightly on lower inventory. In fact the only thing that seems to be holding us back is the lack of homes available for sale in lower price ranges. The strong demand continues to push Orlando home prices up at a very healthy pace. 



#OrlandoRealEstate #Remax #Realtor
Posted by David W. Welch on November 15th, 2019 5:30 PM


Sales and median sales price are both up on slightly fewer new listings and higher new contracts compared to a year ago. Check out this brief video breakdown of the #OrlandoRealEstate market results for September 2019.


Posted by David W. Welch on October 15th, 2019 1:58 PM
October was a bit down compared to September. First, inventory has continued to decline slightly. There are currently 10,953 properties listed as active by Orlando Realtors®. That is down a little over 200 homes from last month. Of the home listed active 1,211 or 11.1% are REO, 467 or 4.3% are short sales, and 9,275 or 84.7% are equity sales. The number of properties with contracts pending is also down slightly from September. There are currently 6,266 pending properties. Of the properties with contracts 1,085 or 17.3% are REO, 1,485 or 23.7% are short sales, and 3,696 or 59% are equity sales.

Closed sales are also down a bit from last month. There were 2,956 closed transactions in October with a median sales price of $179,000. Of the closes sales 640 or 21.7% were REO with a median price of $113,682; 110 or 3.7% were short sales with a median price of $125,000; and 2,206 or 74.6% were equity sales with a median price of $200,000. The 110 closed short sales represents just 7.4% of the pending short sales. Overall prices were down compared to September, but way up compared to a year ago. Last year we saw 3,242 closed sales with a median price of $155,000. So, sales are down nearly 9%, but prices are up over 15% compared to a year ago. Our cash sales continue to decline too with 1,139 or 38.5% of October's sales closing for all cash with a median price of $121,000. The remaining 1,817 or 61.5% of the sales had a median price of $210,000 and closed with some type of financing.
Posted by David W. Welch on November 9th, 2015 10:35 AM

There are 12,097 homes for sale listed by Orlando Realtors® and 6,618 homes listed as contract pending. Of the homes still available for sale, 2,048 are foreclosures and 832 are short sales. Of the homes with contracts pending, 1,892 are foreclosures and 1,998 are short sales.

Way too early Orlando real estate sales statistics for January: 1,242 closed sales with a median sales price of $154,000.

David Welch Real Estate Optimist, Orlando Real Estate

Posted by David W. Welch on January 23rd, 2015 12:32 PM

For the second month in a row, the inventory of available homes for sale is down. At this point it could be a reflection of normal seasonality, or maybe the beginning of a trend. There are 11,947 homes listed as active by Orlando Realtors®. Of the properties currently available, 2,213 or 18.5% are REO properties, 872 or 7.3% are short sales and 8,862 or 74.2% are equity sales.  REO properties are also known as bank owned or foreclosure properties. Short sales are properties that are valued less than the outstanding mortgage, and equity sales are traditional sales where the owner actually has equity in their property.

Baldwin Park Townhouse

There are 5,934 properties with contracts, listed as either active with contract or pending. Of the properties with contracts on them, 1,644 or 27.7% are REO, 2,067 or 34.8% are short sales and 2,223 or 37.5% are equity sales.

In December 3,117 property sales closed with a median sales price of $163,000. Of the homes that sold 976 or 31.3% were REO sales with a median sales price of $110,000; 140 or 4.5% were short sales with a median price of $140,000 and 2,001 or 64.2% were equity sales with a median price of $192,500. Short sales continue to decline, and last months short sale closings accounted for only 6.8% of the pending short sales. On average short sales that closed in December took 291 days. The longest one took 1,267 days or 3.5 years to successfully close. Cash sales are also continuing to decline somewhat. 1,319 or 42.3% of all sales last months closed with no financing at a median price of $108,000. Financed sales accounted for 1,798 closings or 57.7% of all sales with a median price of $195,000.

Posted by David W. Welch on January 6th, 2015 1:25 PM

There are 12,270 homes for sale listed by Orlando Realtors® and 6,319 homes listed as contract pending. Of the homes still available for sale, 2,223 are foreclosures and 901 are short sales. Of the homes with contracts pending, 1,737 are foreclosures and 2,125 are short sales.

Way too early Orlando real estate sales statistics for December: 2,067 closed sales with a median sales price of $164,900. It looks like we are going to finish 2014 pretty strong.

David Welch Real Estate Optimist, Orlando Real Estate

Posted by David W. Welch on December 23rd, 2014 1:57 PM

I am not sure if we are experiencing the holiday drop in inventory, or if there is actually a trend. There are 12,417 homes listed as active by Orlando Realtors®. Of those, 2,190 or 17.6% are REO, only 956 or 7.7% are short sales, and 9,271 or 74.7% are equity sales. Hopefully, we will continue to see the short sales decline with prices so much higher now. There are 6,686 homes currently listed as contract pending. Of the homes that already have accepted contracts, 1,782 or 26.7% are REO, 2,171 or 32.5% are short sales and 2,722 or 40.9% are equity sales.

Sales came in higher than last year for the third month in a row, so I am definitely calling that a trend. There were 2,453 closed sales in November with a  median sales price of $159,139. Of the closed sales, only 796 or 32.5% were REO properties with a median price of $105,000; 152  or 6.2% were short sales with a median price of $125,000; and 1,505 or 61.4% were equity sales with a median price of $192,000. The closed short sales represented on 7.0% of the short sales with contracts as banks continue to drag their feet on clearing these properties out of the system. Cash sales remain strong with 1,056 or 43% of the sales closing with no financing with a median price of $103,000. The remaining 1,397 or 57% of the sales were closed with some type of financing at a median price of $190,000.

Posted by David W. Welch on December 8th, 2014 3:37 PM

There are 12,861 homes for sale listed by Orlando Realtors® and 7,183 homes listed as contract pending. Of the homes still available for sale, 2,254 are foreclosures and 1,022 are short sales. Of the homes with contracts pending, 1,826 are foreclosures and 2,325 are short sales.

Way too early Orlando real estate sales statistics for November: 1,337 closed sales with a median sales price of $160,000. If the sales pace and price hold they will mark impressive increases from a year ago when we posted 2,158 sales at $150,000.

David Welch Real Estate Optimist, Orlando Real Estate,

Posted by David W. Welch on November 20th, 2014 11:41 AM

There are 12,912 homes for sale listed by Orlando Realtors® and 7,136 homes listed as contract pending. Of the homes still available for sale, 2,315 are foreclosures and 1,013 are short sales. Of the homes with contracts pending, 1,769 are foreclosures and 2,401 are short sales.

Early Orlando real estate sales statistics for October: 3,242 closed sales with a median sales price of $155,000. Really strong sales, but a pretty steep drop in prices from September, and about even compared to a year ago.

David Welch Real Estate Optimist, Orlando Real Estate,

Posted by David W. Welch on November 8th, 2014 10:01 AM

Archives:

Sites That Link to This Blog:

);

English French German Portuguese Spanish